Lauren Hough, short listed for the World Equestrian Games in September, won the CSI5* competition of Saturday evening and was presented with her award by none-other than John Travolta
Those who have been present live today at the CSI5* competition in the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER, were able to witness a true show-jumping spectacle! 38 top athletes entered the 1.55 m high world ranking jumping competition aiming for just one thing: victory! The path to it led via a one-off jump off and the quality of the top-notch starting group was proven in the moment of ruling.
No fewer than 23 duos were able to really speed it up once more in the shortened course. And suspense lingered till the end, since one benchmark time was followed by the next. US-American rider Lauren Hough as the fourth but last starter succeeded in delivering a performance that was simply unbeatable with her only nine-year-old mare. In incredible 39.78 seconds the duo managed to fly through the finishing line ending as winners!
“I have ridden Royalty only for the second time in a competition and did not count on winning. Thus this victory is a great surprise and honour for me. It is certainly one of the most beautiful events I have ever participated in, stated a beaming Lauren in the winner’s interview.
Even Olympic silver medal winner Beat Mandli (SUI) was not able to undercut the fantastic time in the saddle of his Super Trooper de Ness, with a time of 40.14 seconds – good enough for second place and also the nimble Irish rider Billy Twomey on Ardcolum Duke had to finish for third place with a time of 40.43 seconds.
Austria’s most successful female rider Julia Kayser (T) and her ten-year-old daughter of Vigo Darsouilles, Sterrehof’s Ushi stayed error-free both in the course as well as in the jump off, thus making it to twelfth place.
Competition 04: CSI5* Int. jumping competition with jump off 1.55 m
Competition counts for the LONGINES Ranking list
1. Royalty Des Isles – Hough Lauren (USA) 0 – 39.78 sec – jump off
2. Super Trooper de Ness – Mandli Beat (SUI) 0 – 40.14 sec – jump off
3. Ardcolum Duke – Twomey Billy (IRL) 0 – 40.43 sec – jump off
4. Fyloe V. Claeyssenhof – Deusser Daniel (GER) 0 – 41.38 sec – jump off
5. Talina – Lindeloew Douglas (SWE) 0 – 41.49 sec – jump off
6. PSG Future – Fuchs Martin (SUI) 0 – 42.00 sec – jump off
7. Flash Dance V. Kalevallei – Vrieling Jur (NED) 0 – 42.64 sec – jump off
8. USA Today – Whitaker Robert (GBR) 0 – 43.51 sec – jump off
9. Singular LS la Silla – Ehning Marcus (GER) 0 – 44.13 sec – jump off
10.Roso Au Crosnier – Karaevli Omer (TUR) 0 – 44.64 sec – jump off
11.Amaretto d’Arco – Dinan Katherine A. (USA) 0 – 46.02 sec – jump off
12.Sterrehof’s Ushi – Kayser Julia (AUT/T) 0 – 46.83 sec – jump off