Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum’s successful mare Bella Donna has been sold to the Qatari Armed Forces. With Meredith, Bella Donna earned enormous success and high regard; she is now considered to be one of the world’s best horses. Having earned the most prize money of any German horse in 2013, Bella Donna out-did Christian Ahlmann’s Taloubet Z and Daniel Deusser’s Cornet d’Amour this past season, winning a total of €411,414 in prize money.
Meredith and Bella Donna were vital members of the German team at the London Olympic Games in 2012, and jumped at the World Cup Finals in Gothenburg, Sweden in 2013. The pair jumped to victory on numerous German Nations Cup teams including Hickstead Nations Cup this last summer. The pair were ranked 69th on the WBFSH Rankings.
“Hereby I would like to announce officially that Bella Donna was sold to Qatar, and in the future will be coached by Markus Fuchs and Karl Schneider,” remarked Meredith on Facebook.
“We had a successful time together. I will think back on Bella’s performances in Aachen and at the Olympic Games in London like. I am convinced that we will hear more from this talented Mare in the future. Mark and I, and of course our whole team wish all the best Bella and their new owners!”
Germany’s Biggest Prize Earners in 2013…
1. Bella Donna, Holstein, 2003, Baldini II, Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum, €411.414
2. Taloubet Z, Niederlande,2000, Galoubet A, Christian Ahlmann, €371.446
3. Cornet D’Amour, Westfalen, 2003, Cornet Obolensky, Daniel Deußer, €348.688
4. Chaman, Niederlande,1999, Baloubet du Rouet, Ludger Beerbaum, €330.170
5. Chiara, Holstein, 2003, Contender, Ludger Beerbaum, €306.668