The U.S. Equestrian Federation announced the athletes who will represent the United States on the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team in Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup competition at CSIO**** Coapexpan, in Coapexpan, Mexico, April 23-26.
The following athletes will represent the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team at CSIO4* Coapexpan (in alphabetical order):
- Brianne Goutal (Royal Palm Beach, Fla.)
- Candice King (Wellington, Fla.)
- Callan Solem (Glenmoore, Pa.)
- Ali Wolff (New Albany, Ohio)
Robert Ridland will serve as Chef d’Equipe.
The Canadian Show Jumping Team that will defend Canada’s title at the CSIO4* Coapexpan Furusiyya FEI Nations’ Cup in Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico on April 24, 2015 has been confirmed.
Contesting the $1,500,000 MXN CSIO 4* Coapexpan Furusiyya FEI Nations’ Cup for Canada will be:
Rider / Hometown / Horse / Owner
- Erynn Ballard / Tottenham, Ont. / Appy Cara /Angelstone Partners
- Kara Chad / Calgary, Alta. / Alberto II / Stone Ridge Farms LLC
- Elizabeth Gingras / Edmonton, Alta. / Zilversprings / B Gingras Equestrian Ltd
- Jonathon Millar / Perth, Ont. / Calvin Klein / Millar Brooke Farm
The CSIO 4* Coapexpan will act as the second qualifier in the North America, Central America and Caribbean League of the Furusiyya FEI Nations’ Cup series. Canada will enter as the defending champions, having won the Coapexpan qualifier in 2014. Canada currently sits second overall in the league with 90 points, after achieving a tie for third place in the $200,000 Furusiyya FEI Nations’ Cup at the CSIO 4* Ocala, Fla. on Feb. 13. The United States is currently leading the league with 100 points.
At the completion of the series, the top two teams in the league will move on to the Furusiyya FEI Nations’ Cup Final in Barcelona, Spain from Sept. 24-27. Historically, Canada has had success at the Final in Barcelona, placing second overall in 2014.
In addition to the nations’ cup, the CSIO4* Coapexpan will feature a variety of FEI classes with top prize money up for grabs. The following riders will compete for Canada as individuals:
- Jaclyn Duff / Edmonton, Alta. / Pater Noster / Jaclyn Duff
- Keean White / Acton, Ont. / For Freedom Z / Angelstone Partners
While competing in Mexico, the Canadian riders will be led by Equine Canada Manager of Jumping, Karen Hendry-Ouellette, chef d’Equipe, Mark Laskin and stable manager, Darren Roberts.
Source: Equine Canada/ USEF