Western European League Riders Qualified For 2018 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final
The 13th and final leg of the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping 2017/2018 Western European League concluded this past weekend in Gothenburg, Sweden with high-thrill and top-action sport as riders battled for crucial last qualifying points for the 2018 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final in Paris in April.
Although notching a stunning repeat win of the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Gothenburg CSI5*-W, Sweden’s Henrik von Eckermann was among the first of several athletes to qualify for the Final, while for others, it was their last chance to make the cut.
An accumulation of points, including their performances this past Sunday in Sweden, have qualified the following show jumping athletes from the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Western European League for the 2018 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final in Paris, France:
1. Henrik von Eckermann (SWE) – 84 points
2. Kevin Staut (FRA) – 79 points
3. Marcus Ehning (GER) – 67 points
4. Edwina Tops-Alexander (AUS) – 58 points
5. Denis Lynch (IRL) – 57 points
6. Christian Ahlmann (GER) – 56 points
7. Michael Whitaker (GBR) – 56 points
8. Roger Yves Bost (FRA) – 52 pointts
9. Pieter Devos (BEL) – 49 points
10. Daniel Deusser (GER) – 48 points
11. Carlos Lopez Lizarazo (COL) – 46 points
12. Harrie Smolders (NED) – 45 points
13. Alberto Zorzi (ITA) – 45 points
14. Steve Guerdat (SUI) – 44 points
15. Eduardo Alvarez Aznar (ESP) – 43 points
16. Robert Whitaker (GBR) – 40 points
17. Douglas Lindelöw (SWE) – 40 points
18. Mark McAuley (IRL) – 39 points
19. Olivier Philippaerts (BEL) -37 points
20. Simon Delestre (FRA) -35 points
Should any of the above riders choose not to participate in the Final, athletes through to the 27th spot have the opportunity to fill a position and attend.
Full Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping 2017/2018 Western European League standings, here.