Calling All Equestrian Creatives! NOËLLE FLOYD Seeks Director of Social Media + Community Advocate Manager
Do you like what we do here at NOËLLE FLOYD? Want to help us do it? Now’s your chance. (Cue “Jump” by The Pointer Sisters...you know, that song Hugh Grant dances to in Love Actually!)
NOËLLE FLOYD is fortunate to have an established and loyal following starting from our fearless leader’s early days as a blogger. Flash forward six years and the brand has undergone several evolutions from strictly sports media coverage + print magazine to now including an online marketplace, a quarterly subscription box, and a gated platform for exclusive video, written, and experiential content.
A brand’s digital presence directly reflects on its business. We want to continue to put our best foot forward and build strong relationships with our audience and others within the industry.
We are on the hunt for an organized, creative, and experienced Director of Social Media + Community Advocate.
We’re a close-knit team of creative and passionate, horse-loving people who know how to hustle and roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Our ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to work closely with our team in a collaborative fashion, while also manage their own time and meet deadlines independently.
We need someone who can channel our voice and infuse our passion, as well as their own, into a new approach that blends speaking directly with our community and ensuring our social media meets both our needs and our customers. (Something fresh, but on brand, where we can still have a little fun - witty captions encouraged.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- This role is 75% social media manager + 25% community advocate. We want the decisions you make on our social channels to be relative to the feedback you’re garnering from the community in your daily management of our info@ email account
- Schedule and execute the daily flow of social content on digital platforms, posting to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Create a cohesive and consistent brand-wide social media strategy that effectively balances the needs of our current business units (General Web, NF.shop, NF.edit, NF.insider, NOËLLE FLOYD Magazine)
- NOTE: Following the hire of this individual, we will be moving NF.shop to its own dedicated IG account, so there will be two IG accounts to manage
- Work hand-in-hand with our various NF Directors:
- Devise weekly, monthly, and annual social strategies to serve the unique needs of their units
- Create web graphics for individual social media posts or unit campaigns (Facebook Cover Photos, Instagram Stories, Snapchat Takeover Announcements etc.)
- Keep your finger on the pulse of what others in the space are doing successfully. Continually researching and staying up-to-date on app updates, industry movements, or social media trends and how those strategies might be applied to each unit
- Engaging in productive conversations of strategy successes and learnings: what’s working vs. what’s not. (It’s ok to be a numbers nerd here)
- Work hand-in-hand with our Director of Marketing:
- Analyze the metrics of each platform and determine whether or not the implemented strategies are achieving the objectives of the brand as a whole and the objectives of the individual units
- Analyze the response and engagement of various creative assets, media, and language on our social platforms. Is our audience responding more to certain types of images or video? What kinds of questions should we be asking to gather information?
- Engage in meaningful conversations with our audience both via the management of our info@ account and our social platforms. This position places you in one of the most outward facing mediums of the NF brand.
- Our audience is a passionate group - expect some fun DM convos. Our goal is to make sure our followers feel seen, appreciated, and understood, which are some of the main reasons our audience loves what we do!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of work experience as a social media manager
- Community focused - keen to listen and learn from feedback
- A deep understanding of equestrian sport – namely dressage, show jumping, and eventing.
- Copywriting experience in a previous role(s)
- Competency using Adobe applications, such as:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- North American based
- Familiar with social media marketing practices along with the ability to build a long-term social media strategy. Ideally, we’d like to see at least one social media campaign you’ve managed
- Data-focused and keen to understand how that affects our brand’s voice
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Detail oriented with great time management and organizational skills
- Exhibits fresh methods of problem-solving
- Self-starter and target-driven
- Open to creative feedback
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Full time, 1-year contract
- Flexible work hours
- Remote team (half of us are EST and half are PST) with quarterly meet-ups
HOW TO APPLY:Please send the following to email@example.com
- Subject line: Director of Social Media + Community Advocate
- Resume (tell us what you’ve done!)
- 2-3 examples of published work (show us, too!)
- Cover letter (why you’d love to work with us and what you can bring to the team/to our social media/to our community)
- An assignment will be given to select candidates (so get those creative juices flowing and we’ll be in touch!)
Feature photo by Nikelle Lovaas