France’s very own Penelope Leprevost took over from USA’s Beezie Madden as the World’s Leading Lady rider this summer, now enjoying the leading position for the second month in a row. Ranked as ninth in the world, Penelope had a tremendous month of June and July with plenty of top results. With Beezie Madden injured for much of the summer season, Leprevost was able to acquire valuable points, such as the French’s terrific victory at the Furusiyya Nations Cup of Rotterdam, to take the lead for the ladies on the current Longines World Rankings.
The new Longines World Rankings see’s five top-ranked American lady riders in the World’s Top 10; Beezie Madden, Brianne Goutal, Lauren Hough, Laura Kraut and Reed Kessler. 21 year old Reed Kessler is the youngest of the Women’s Top 10 and Tiffany Foster is the only Canadian. Switzerland’s Janika Sprunger and Germany’s previously World No.1 Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum are making their way up the ranks.
The World’s Top 10 Ranked Women…
- Penelope Leprevost (FRA) 9th in the World
- Beezie Madden (USA) 14th in the World
- Luciana Diniz (POR) 17th in the World
- Edwina Tops-Alexander (AUS) 25th in the World
- Katharina Offel (UKR) 42nd in the World
- Brianne Goutal (USA) 44th in the World
- Tiffany Foster (CAN) 45th in the World
- Lauren Hough (USA) 49th in the World
- Reed Kessler (USA) 54th in the World
- Laura Kraut (USA) 59th in the World