If a rider and his horse win a CSI5* event for the second time in a single weekend, one might well be justified in asserting that the tournament is theirs. Moreover, if they leave behind greats like John Whitaker (GBR), Marcus Ehning (GER) and Olympic winner Steve Guerdat (SUI), then the ride was certainly world class. This was the masterpiece achieved today by Filippo Moyersoen (ITA) and his nine-year-old daughter of Contendro, Loro Piana Biricchina Bella, because the duo followed up their CSI5* opening victory again today through placing in the 5-Star winners list.
The duo executed a real highlight round of the 1.45 m accumulator with joker and, with a fabulous time of 48.12 seconds, overtook John Whitaker (GBR) who had led till then. “My horse is simply super and today’s ride went well for us again” was the self-effacing winner’s statement by Moyersoen.
Like Moyersoen, second-placed John Whitaker saddled on Lord of Arabia (Cassini II x Carry) achieved the full point score of 65, but fell behind on his time of 48.96 seconds. Angelica Augustsson (SWE) and ten-year-old Holsteiner mare Madame Butterfly rode convincingly to third place with 65 points and 49.53 seconds.
Hugo Simon (AUT/St) had an excellent ride on C.T. achieving seventh place and the next top placing for Austria.
Competition 03: CSI5* Int. jumping competition – accumulator with joker 1.45 m
1. Loro Piana Biricchina Bella – Moyersoen Filippo (ITA) 65 – 48.12 sec
2. Lord Of Arabia – Whitaker John (GBR) 65 – 48.96 sec
3. Madame Butterfly – Augustsson Angelica (SWE) 65 – 49.53 sec
4. Nenuphar’Jac – Módolo Zanotelli Marlon (BRA) 65 – 50.69 sec
5. Balermo – Kutscher Marco (GER) 65 – 50.86 sec
6. Rabane de Sury – Karaevli Omer (TUR) 65 – 51.02 sec
7. C. T. – Simon Hugo (AUT/St) 65 – 51.36 sec
8. Comme Il Faut – Ehning Marcus (GER) 65 – 52.93 sec
9. Air Pia V. Z – Deusser Daniel (GER) 65 – 55.89 sec
10.Dundalk – Mallat Maiju (FIN) 65 – 58.80 sec
11.Spartacus TN – Ellermann Hanno (EST) 65 – 60.87 sec
12.Albfuehren’s Happiness – Guerdat Steve (SUI) 65 – 62.75 sec