ight riders pairs remained in demanding basic course of 1.60 m high Grand Prix of Linz errors on Sunday, May 8th, and only three of them managed this feat in the decision course. Juan Carlos Garcia (ITA) and Cocodrillo loaded with 44.22 seconds the bar high. The subsequent Santiago Nunez Riva (ESP) and Quarela de Toscane searched the safe line and came to 48.95 seconds to finish.As the last starter of Taizo Sugitani went with his 17 year old gelding Avenzio at the start.The Japanese, who took until Friday with the team finished fourth in Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup ™, held his nerve and had a fast lap. With 43.05 seconds he has named to his third start in Linz 24th winner of the Grand Prix of Linz under the CSIO **** Linz.
“I ride this horse for nine years, we have a great partnership. I am very happy with the win.I hope I can for this successful weekend for Japan to go at the Olympic Games in Rio at the start, “said Sugitani who has met the qualification criteria for a start in the Olympics.
With four penalty points Gerfried Puck missed on Bionda stinging scarce, with the fast time of 73.08 seconds he managed ninth place in the top ten.
GRAND PRIX of LINZ presented by SPREHE FEINKOST
Int. jumping competition with jump-off (1.60 m)
1. Taizo Sugitani / Avenzio / JPN / 0 / 43.05 sec
2. Juan Carlos Garcia / Cocodrillo / ITA / 0 / 44.22 sec
3. Santiago Nunez Riva / Quarela de Toscane / ESP / 0 / 48.95 sec
4. Jaroslaw Skrzyczynski / Crazy Quick / POL / 4 / 42.83 sec
5. Eduardo Alvarez Aznar / Fidux / ESP / 4 / 44.86 sec
6. Cassio Rivetti / Coleman / UKR / 4 / 45.01 sec
7. Ferenc Szentirmai / Chadino / UKR / 4 / 46.75 sec
8. Antonio Matos Almeida / Nikel de Presle / POR / 4 / 55.80 sec
not in the jump:
9. Gerfried Puck / Bionda / AUT / 4 / 73.08 sec
10. Maria Made Nova / Conquest / RUS / 4 / 74.32 sec