Is Saddle Fit a Bigger Deal Than We Think? (Part 2)
As promised, we’re back with Part 2 of Caroline’s conversation with Amanda Anderson of Saddlefitting.us. We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting the rest of this chat, so let’s dive right into the good stuff.
In this episode, host Caroline Culbertson and Amanda discuss:
- When it may be warranted to stay off your horse entirely (a hard truth, we know)
- A case for checking your horse daily - including your saddle
- Why it shouldn’t be considered “normal” for a horse to have one “good” direction and one “bad” direction.
- The balance between saddle fit evaluations in the crossties versus under saddle with the rider up
- Half pad choice and how it can make or break saddle fit
- Sweat marks - good for evaluating saddle fit or no?
- How often to have saddle fit checked
- And more.