Ever wonder what your horse thinks of you? What his personality is? How he likes for you to communicate with him?
Many (most) of us might not have given this less obvious aspect of riding and training too much thought, but it might be a big key to unlocking potential and success (whatever that means for you and your horse). International level dressage rider/trainer and Equestrian Masterclass instructor, Mette Larsen, breaks down what it means to be in successful partnership with your horse, how to determine the type of communication style your horse needs and how to bring self awareness back to your riding.
With host Caroline Culbertson, they discuss:
- Mette’s personal riding journey and how it led to her a deeper understanding of this topic
- Determining your current communication style with your horse
- The problem with focusing on always asking for more with your horse
- Where to simplify communication with your horse
- How using the correct communication style with your horse can give lasting results