In the second of our 2-part episode about bits, FEI rider/trainer and certified bitting specialist, Stephanie Brown-Beamer of horsebyhorse.com, and host Caroline Culbertson continue their discussion from last episode (so listen to that one first!) as well as answer some listener questions.
In this portion of the episode, they discuss:
- The type of mouths we’re seeing on many of today’s horses
- What about tongue relief bits?
- How do we properly size our bits when we’re buying them?
- Demystifying the dull-mouthed horse
- How to know when a bit is “as good as it gets” and to stop searching