If you've been following along with the "Letter to My Horse" series, you've probably noticed that we've been hinting at an upcoming contest. Good news - the time has arrived! (If you're not familiar, check out what we've published so far here!)
This series began as a way to reconnect with the 'why' behind what we all do - and to honor the horses that make it possible. Regardless of how you ride or participate in the sport, horses make us feel whole, fuel our fire, and teach us invaluable lessons about life and ourselves.
So, we're opening up the floor. What would YOU say to your horse (past or present) if you could? How has this horse shaped you as a rider and a person? What is special about your 'horse of a lifetime'?
How to Participate
- Submit a letter written in the same format and style as our Letter to My Horse series by Monday, July 6 at 8AM Eastern.
- Letters must be between 1200-1500 words.
- Letters must be accompanied by two photos that compliment the piece, one of which must be horizontal/landscape in orientation. The photos you submit MUST be able to be published on NoelleFloyd.com without payment from NF. This means you either own the photo/own all rights to the photo, or you provide written consent from the photographer for the photo to be reproduced by us.
- Entries for this contest are limited to the United States only.
- Along with your letter and photos, please include your full name, age, and the state that you live in (to prove that you live in the US). We will contact winners for their shipping addresses.
- Submit the letter from the email address that you check most frequently (as that's how we'll contact the winners).
- Any entries that do not meet all of the requirements above will not be considered.
- The three winning letters will be published (with author name and photos) on NoelleFloyd.com during the week of July 20.
- Each winner will receive:
1 Back on Track Mesh Sheet
1 $200 Gift Card to Kerrits
1 ImpactEq Half Pad
- Our team will choose their three favorite letters and will contact the winners directly for their sizes and shipping addresses.
Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "A Letter to My Horse". Winners will be chosen and contacted by July 16.
Written by Editorial Staff
Brought to you by a pack of horse-crazy creatives across North America... and all of their rescue pets.