Update: This position has been filled, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in freelance writing for our team!
We’re hiring! Noëlle Floyd is looking for an enthusiastic, capable, self-starting writer/editorial assistant (termed “daily editor”) for our team. This position is part time. The daily editor works alongside the Editor in Chief, Managing Editor, and fellow part-time daily editor. Ideal candidates will have writing and editing experience in AP Style, familiarity with the Noëlle Floyd brand and voice, a keen eye on the horse community, and the ability to learn quickly. As this is a remote position, the Daily Editor should be able to manage their schedule and workload efficiently and work proactively. Duties include:
- Editing and fact-checking content for both web and print
- Writing 1-2 pieces of web content each week
- Writing the occasional magazine article
- Interviewing equestrian athletes, trainers, grooms, etc
- Providing support to the rest of the editorial staff in a multitude of ways - from transcribing interviews to note-taking on calls
- Assist in scheduling of freelance assignments, photoshoots, etc.
- Managing and organizing Noëlle Floyd’s photo archives
- Development of marketing emails
- Regularly updating www.noellefloyd.com with new content
Knowledge of show jumping, three-day eventing, and dressage preferred. Must be a team player and have a strong work ethic. Must have daily access to high-speed internet and a computer.
Remote position, limited to North America. 3 - 4 days per week, some flexible hours and weekend work may be required. Possibility of travel assignments.
To apply, send resumé, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com with “Daily Editor” in the subject line.
Written by Editorial Staff
Brought to you by a pack of horse-crazy creatives across North America... and all of their rescue pets.